[Sussex] Laptop challenge

Steve Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 2 11:28:21 UTC 2006

Gavin,

Two things occurred to me.

1. I have 2 standard IDE to notebook drive adapter cables. Ideal for
ghosting from one notebook drive to another using a standard PC. You can
borrow these if necessary.

2. You could install the disk (if it's a standard 2.5 inch notebook IDE
HDD) in a more modern notebook, install a basic i386 DamnSmallLinux or
Debian distro, then transplant the disk back into your Tosh notebook. My
Dell Precision M50 might serve in this regard. Are you going to Worthing
this Weekend?

Steve Williams.