[Sussex] The Gadget Show

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Feb 2 17:41:42 UTC 2006

Dave

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 10:31:35PM +0000, Dave Chapman wrote:
> The Gadget Show on Bravo had an article about open source.
> This was shown some time ago but I only managed to record some of it.
> I emailed The Gadget Show enquiring about using it but have had no reply.
>
> Today it was repeated so I recorded it onto DVD and have transcoded it to a
> more downloadable size.
> I thought it might make a nice presentation to have running on a machine at
> the BCF.
> I will bring the DVD with me on Sunday.
>
> Take a look.
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dokterdave/pub/Gadget.MP4

Nik had trouble posting to the list so he asked me to forward his
comments on.  This is what Nik had to say:
  Dave. thanks for that :- here though is where you know the
  "BUT" is comming.

  BUT

  we cant use the content at the show unless you get permission
  from the owners of the copyrighted material. Thanks for your
  thoughts though.

  we do have permission to show and distributr

  Hak5, OpenAlpha, This Week In Tech, LUG Radio and many others.

  Nik

I've seen some posting of the LugMasters list that the machine
(xinit.lug.org.uk) that hosts us and other LUGs is dying.  The
replacement has been installed in the rack and just needs to be
configured for use.