[Sussex] Laptop challenge

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Feb 3 02:13:11 UTC 2006

A bit of an all-in-one reply this:

Steve D & Steve W:

I definitely won't be able get to the BCF at Worthing this month as we
are in the middle of having a new kitchen fitted & Sunday has been
assigned to choosing vinylay or lino for the kitchen floor, swiftly
followed by a visit to Focus DIY to get a new door to go between the
living room & the kitchen. Such is my rock'n'roll lifestyle these days
;-) [Nik B: Lest you lick me with the flames from the fox of fire or
otherwise cast nasturtiums in my direction for posting that I can't
attend something - I was only replying to a direct question].

Steve W:

Thanks for the offer of the adapter cables - I may well have to take you
up on that, but it will be after the weekend before I can think of such
things.

Colin P:

Thanks for showing that old laptops (especially free ones!) can still
have a good life. I will look into the laplink idea. Would a
male-to-male parallel cable (like on my data switch for my printer) do
the job?

A big thanks to all who have offered their thoughts so far. I will
definitely have more questions soon, especially as I've just had a look
round the laptop & seen all manner of fangled & strange sockets & flaps.

Gavin.