[Sussex] Unbinding Apache from an IP

Al Bennett al at plasticfish.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 12:24:19 UTC 2006

Hi Guys

Firstly, sorry I wasn't at the last Moot, I was up in London sticking
adverts to exhibition panels.  Much fun.

I've got an unmanaged box somewhere in Texas that hosts a couple of domains.
It's got four usable IPs assigned to it, I'd like one of them to not have
Apache on port 80 so I can put something else there.  I've modified the
apache config (attached - names and IP changed to protect the guilty and
most of the virtual hosts trimmed out for legibility, they're all the same)
but for the life of me I can't get apache to let go of this IP.  netstat -l
still shows it bound to *:80

I'm probably missing something really obvious here but it's bugging me now!

The box is CentOS with Cpanel (not what I really wanted but choice was
limited and time tight!)

I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look and see what I'm doing wrong
here.

I'm leaving for the weekend in a bit but I'll be back on Sunday (great
discussion list etiquette!)

Ta muchly

Al