[Sussex] Hi :)

Rob Malpass rob at malpass133.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 20:43:40 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Moore" <moochris at gmail.com>
To: "LUG email list for the Sussex Counties" <sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Sussex] Hi :)

> On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 11:18 +0000, Paul Tansom wrote:
>> Does that mean you've actually stopped being an Amiga user now? I
>> thought it was like sailing in that it got so much into your blood that
>> you could never quite stop doing it without getting strong urges to go
>> back to it :)
>
> I miss the OS sometimes - it was fast, had pre-emptive multitasking and
> was easy to administer.  But it also lacks memory protection, virtual
> memory and is not multi-user.

Too right.   I think all things considered, AmigaDOS was (and still is) my
favourite OS.   Never liked Workbench that much but I got quite into the CLI
at Uni.   It certainly helped me with learning UNIX (Solaris) at the time.

>From time to time, I hear things like the Amiga's coming back, but then -
nothing.   A bit OT for this list but as it's Sunday night - does anyone
know what the current state of play with the Amiga is?

> I keep a copy of eUAE around to mess about with sometimes. :)
>
> Chris.

Me too - but like other emulators - getting your fave stuff (pics in my
case - I was into raytracing) is a bit fiddly.

Cheers
Rob