[Sussex] Need a new web host

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 10:48:04 UTC 2006

Ronan Chilvers wrote:
> Hi Dominic
>
> How much have you got to spend?
>
> On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:18:21 -0600
> Dominic Humphries <linux at oneandoneis2.org> wrote:
>

>>My web host is crashing about every ten minutes, and has been most of
>>the week. I'm sick of their downtime, so I'm moving. The only
>>question is, where to?
>

> http://www.bytemark.co.uk - tell 'em I sent you.  15 quid buys you a
> dedicated UML virtual server.  I've been running 5 of them for about 3
> years now and have had no problems - fast, reliable, stable, in a word
> fabulous!!!!  The company I work for at the mo runs all their mail and
> web traffic off 2 UMLs.

yeah, I've also got a ByteMark VM. the only problem I have is with
Spamassassin - it doesn't seem to play nicely on my machine - although
this could be because the UML system has 64MB of RAM, and I'm trying to
load 70+MB of rulesets... hmm.. ;)

I'd also recommend Bytemark if you're after your own dedicated machine.

If you're after just basic hosting, check out Black Cat Networks
(http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/) - I'm sure they'll provide
everything you need. I'm suprised Simon hasn't posted plugging them yet ;)

Jon
--
Jon Fautley <jfautley at redhat.com>     direct: +44 1483 739615
  Technical Account Manager            office: +44 1483 300169