[Sussex] Internal PCI Hardware Modem - This is getting silly!

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Tue Feb 7 11:13:01 UTC 2006

Hi folks

I'm trying to get hold of a PCI internal controller-based modem to use
in a Hylafax test box (can't use an external - already using one and
only one serial port).  So far I've tried 4 different suppliers and
each and every one has supplied me with a software modem, while telling
me its a hardware modem.  What the f... ???  I even tried buying a Zoom
2920 directly from PCWorld Business but they sent me a 3025 ( a
winmodem).  Is this some sort of global conspiracy to fob people off
with software modems when they think they're getting a hardware modem?

Does anyone know where I can get a controller based modem to use with
Arch linux and hylafax?

Cheers
--
Ronan