[Sussex] Knoppix tricks

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Jan 6 02:26:17 UTC 2006

Hi all,

A Happy New Year to everyone.

I've been playing around with Knoppix a bit over the holidays & trying
to gain an understanding of this strange (to me) distro.

It's slowly winning a few points however: I decided to try an image
transfer onto a partition on my second PC, but I needed to clear the
partition first. I managed to do this from Knoppix running from the DVD
using qtparted (I think that's what its called) & it was all fairly
painless.

The image transfer worked, but I was just wondering if I still need to
use the feature in Knoppix to create a space for HD storage of data &
settings (i.e. a /home directory)?

I'll doubtless have a few more questions before long, but one will do
for now.

I have in mind to investigate Knoppix to see if I can adapt my recent
presentation so that it may have another use.

Thanks,

Gavin.