[Sussex] Console based bittorrent client

Diego Moore diego.moore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:59:59 UTC 2006

On 13/01/06, Gareth Ablett <sussexlug at googlemail.com> wrote:

> As far as i know there is nothing against using torrents as its used in
> legal practice all round the world, for example the 'World Of Warcraft'
> updates are done using there own torrent app, you can download a varied
> amount of linux distros using torrents now, ubuntu & kubuntu for example.

Talking of which. I know that the BBC iMP trial also uses bittorrent.
Is there a framework or toolkit out there? Its just that we were
talking about building developing an app for our clients that uses
bittorrent technology underneath to save bandwidth costs on very large
files.

Something similar to http://www.effectivebrand.com/ if you get what I
mean but obviously Open Source and bittorrent specific.

Diego