[Sussex] Christmas is Over - It's back to business

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Sat Jan 14 02:48:55 UTC 2006

Steve,

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:46:47 +0000
Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

> CALL FOR TALKS
>
> We have only two talks planed:
>
>     Month   Subject                  Speaker
>   -------- ------------------------ --------
>   January   WinModems Under Linux    John G
>   February  The PovRAY Ray Tracer    Steve D
>
> And then we will all have to sit in the same room and just try and
> find something to talk about.
>
> So I'm looking for speakers to speak.  Any offers?  Any Suggestions?

I have a couple of possibilities: I did offer (or was I "volunteered"?)
at Steve W's Lilypond talk to do a presentation on MIDI. This is
something I would very much like to do, but it will need a fair bit of
planning to be effective.

Before that however, I could make a short presentation on Qemu, which I
was surprised that not many people knew. This would be a relatively
light introduction to a very powerful tool that is also much more fun
than it sounds.

Gavin.