[Sussex] Fw: Fedora 4 SCSI disk won't boot after upgrade fromFedora 3

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 15:31:52 UTC 2006

Jon,

Thanks for the response. I often clone disks and run them on different
hardware so the acpi=off would have been set when I was running on an old
system.
Core 3 coped quite happily with acpi=off.

I booted from a rescue CD and it managed to find an image. How can I boot
that image and set the acpi on?

Sorry for my ignorance but this is an area I, thankfully, can normally
avoid.

Once I get the disk to boot my next step is to apply the latest versions. (I
have them on CD and applied them to another Core 4 disk earlier in the
week.)
This hopefully will overcome the failure to boot.

Brendan