[Sussex] PHP Programmer Job Ad

Armin Hartinger Armin.Hartinger at viewsoniceurope.com
Tue Jan 24 09:44:53 UTC 2006

Dear LUG,

I hope this is not too OT. But as far as I'm concerned, a good LAMP
programmer worth his salt is also member of the local LUG, so while
looking for one right now, this seemed very obvious to me.

Also apologies for nasty-HTML outlook email, I hope it's not too badly
chopped up.

Thanks!

-Armin

JOB TITLE & LOCATION:

PHP Web Programmer based in Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9GA

COMPANY OVERVIEW:

ViewSonic is a leading worldwide provider of advanced display
technology, including computer monitors, flat panel displays and
projectors for today's business, education, entertainment, Internet and
professional markets. The company employs more than 600 people
worldwide. More than 400 are based at the company's headquarters in
Walnut, California, and more than 100 employees within our 12 offices
across Europe.  Other affiliate offices can be found in Taiwan, China,
Canada, Australia and Latin America.

SUMMARY:

This is a recently created position responsible to develop application
code and take part in the application design process as member of a team
dedicated to develop Web-based business applications which may
subsequently be used by employee partners, business partners as well as
the general public alike. The applicant must possess a wide range of
web-related technical as well as interpersonal and time management
skills with a very strong emphasis in experience in the scripting
languages and architectures outlined below.

EDUCATION:

University degree not required, but any formal education related to web
application development considered favourably. Any informal, yet related
education will be considered as well.

LANGUAGE:

Excellent written and oral command of English.

Excellent written and oral command of further languages common in Europe
considered a great plus.

EXPERIENCE:

Several years developing and designing web-based applications using the
languages, architectures, programs and tools listed in the technical
skills sub-section.

Technical Skills / Experience: (Essential / Desired)

*           PHP5 including OOP (E)

*           HTML & CSS1+2 (able to hand-code) (E)

*           Usage of PHP programming IDE e.g. Zend Studio (D)

*           JavaScript / DOM (E)

*           SQL (E) and basic Database Design (D)

*           Web Publishing Methodologies (FTP, SCP, CVS etc) (E)

*           Smarty Templating Engine (D), Ajax libraries (D)

*           Version Control (CVS, Subversion SourceSafe etc) (D)

*           Apache Configuration and Administration (D), UTF-8 web
setups (D)

*           Comfortable with Linux BASH / Shell Console (D)

*           Photoshop (D)

*           Plaintext Editor with Syntax Highlighting (UltraEdit,
Textpad, Vim etc) (E)

SALARY & TYPE

Negotiable, based upon experience. 12 months contract.

CONTACT

Please send your CVs (cover letter would be nice) to
sue.pegrum at viewsoniceurope.com with the subject line "web programmer"

Armin Hartinger

E-Marketing Manager

ViewSonic Europe Limited

ViewSonic House

Fleming Way, Crawley

West Sussex

RH10 9GA

Tel:         +44 (0) 1293 643974

Mobile:   +44 (0) 7879 463554

Fax:         +44 (0) 1293 643910

Armin.Hartinger at viewsoniceurope.com

    The Choice of Professionals

www.viewsoniceurope.com <http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/>

1. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may be legally privileged and are for the sole use of the intended recipient. Copyright in this email and any accompanying document created by us is owned by us. If you are not the intended recipient of this email or any part of it please immediately notify the sender by email and delete this email from your system. You should not use, copy or disclose to any other person the contents of this email or its attachments (if any).
2. We have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this email has been swept for viruses, but we cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage sustained as a result of viruses worms or any other electronic data threat and would advise that you carry out your own checks before opening any attachment. Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, delayed or incomplete as a result of the transmission process. ViewSonic Europe Limited and the sender do not accept liability for any errors or omissions in this email arising as a result of such transmission.
3. Please note that any opinions represented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ViewSonic Europe Limited.