[Sussex] Lilo& Sata RAID1

stuart at aurora-solutions.co.uk stuart at aurora-solutions.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 19:34:44 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I've hit a small snag with my SATA RAID1 setup. The system is running two
80GB SATA drives in a RAID1 software raid. The system is running Slackware
10.2. When I was running IDE disks I would add the following to lilo.conf:

raid-extra-boot="/dev/hda,/dev/hdc"

I included this line on my current setup, changing /dev/hda for /dev/sda
etc and reran lilo, which produced this error:

Fatal: Not a RAID install, 'raid-extra-boot=' not allowed

When installing Slackware 10.2, I used the sata.i kernel.  Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart.