[Sussex] Fw: Fedora 4 SCSI disk won't boot after upgrade fromFedora 3

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 10:33:56 UTC 2006

Brendan Whelan wrote:
> Jon,
>
> Just to round off the topic. I cloned another core 3 disk onto the core 4
> one which would not boot, upgraded to core 4 and the disk boots. I then
> applied the latest RPM updates. All I can assume is that there was some sort
> of gremlin at work when I did the original upgrade.

Glad it's all working :)

Out of interest, why are you doing installs in this manner? If you're
doing mass-deployment of systems, you should really look at Kickstart.
Kickstart is a mechanism by which to automatically install a system -
it's basically a set of instructions detailing how the system will be
configured, i.e. networking/disks/etc, and what software packages to be
installed. It allows for custom scripts to be run either pre- or
post-installation, and even the most complex applications can be
kickstarted - for example, we have a very nice method of Kickstarting
Oracle, which is notoriously difficult to install.

Cheers,

Jon
--
Jon Fautley <jfautley at redhat.com>     direct: +44 1483 739615
  Technical Account Manager            office: +44 1483 300169