[Sussex] Advice and Opinions on a laptop purchase please?

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:47:58 UTC 2006

On 26/01/06, Neil Simmons <nasimmons at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any one of them is plenty powerful enough for my needs (and truth be
> told, my preference is the AMD as it's also got a 15.4" widescreen) -
> but I want to make sure that whichever one I go for, Ubuntu is going
> to 'Just Work'.

The Linux On Laptops website [1] is the canonical answer to the "will
linux work on my laptop" question. Your best bet is to look through
for the one you think you'll buy and find out other peoples
experiences that way. Also google with the laptop model name and
"linux" as terms is a good bet.

Cheers,
Al.

[1] http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/