[Sussex] PPC or Intel

Gareth Ablett Zoomer at zoomer2k.co.uk
Fri Jul 7 18:49:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I use and support both Intel and g4/g5 macs at work your biggest bonus with
the new Intel ones is the dual core, which has a great improvement on
general desktop apps. As the main applications I use at work is Photoshop
and bbedit, bbedit is faster but Photoshop lags slightly on the Intel
machines this will change when cs3 comes out next year, at which point that
will be a bigger reason to get the Intel machine.

All I can say is if you have the time to wait for the second generation
Intel Macs to come out (then do) as the first line always have bugs that
need ironing out. But really don't get a and old one unless you need to.

Kind regards
Gareth