[Sussex] Two operating systems & one camera...

linux at oneandoneis2.org linux at oneandoneis2.org
Fri Jul 14 09:41:46 UTC 2006

Quoting Gavin Stevens <starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net>:

> From this point on, I will not accept & indeed will argue against the
> view that Windows is easier or more user friendly than Debian. This is
> but the latest in a series of directly comparable events where Debian
> has been quicker, nicer & just got on with it.

Funnily enough, not that long ago, I also got fed up with all the
"Linux is way too hard, anybody can use Windows for anything with no
learning curve" claims, so I started keeping a log of all the little
problems people in my (all-Windows) workplace ask me to solve for them:

http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.org/index.php?title=pursuing_the_mythical_windows

It's not a huge list yet, but it does make it clear that Windows isn't
the uber-friendly, even-your-grannie-can-use-it-instantly OS that some
of its fans say it is. . .