[Sussex] debian control panel

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Tue Jul 18 13:49:42 UTC 2006

Hi Desmond

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 10:57:02AM +0100, Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> I am a small tad further forward.
> I have downloaded the driver from Nvidia but, I need the kernel source.
> I need to update kernel to 2.6 and also require the source, how do I
> install these?

Which kernel are you using?  You shouldn't need the whole source tree, just the
headers.  I found this howto for nvidia on Sarge:

http://tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/debian/debian-nvidia-dri-howto.txt

Don't know if that helps?  Its a little cryptic...

The main sarge repository has several 2.6.x kernels available:

apt-cache search kernel-image | grep 2.6

and the source package for each

apt-cache search kernel-source | grep 2.6

You can just apt-get the one you fancy.

Does that help at all?

:-S

Cheers
--
Ronan
e: ronan at thelittledot.com
t: 01903 739 997

This email has been digitally signed using GNUPG to verify the identity
of the sender. Please see http://www.gnupg.org/ for further information.