[Sussex] FileMaker Pro 5 - A desperate plea!

Al Bennett al at plasticfish.co.uk
Fri Jul 21 18:45:13 UTC 2006

A fair point Steve, but I'd point out (mostly to FileMaker Inc's lawyers!)
that at no point did I ask for an illegitimate copy of the software.

The whole experience did bring home one of the clear benefits of FOSS which
is the ease of acquiring (apt-getting) it.  Especially when you're after an
old version and, as I found, older versions of proprietary software can't
always be found, even on eBay.  Having to keep stacks of installation CDs
with serial numbers and proofs of authenticity is a right pain and when you
lose the CD you tend to lose your license key too.

Diego - if you have spare copies, stick them on eBay, a friend of mine did
surprisingly well selling all her old Mac software and I'd have paid you for
a copy of FileMaker a week ago!

Al