[Sussex] Fwd: MythTV & getting it to work

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 22:00:45 UTC 2006

Paul Graydon <paul at paulgraydon.co.uk> writes:

> I've had great fun getting Mythtv to work, most hassles seeming to
> relate to my Nova-T digital TV card.  A pair of A771's I used in my old
> job worked fine in comparison.
>
> To get it to tune I had to grab the linuxtv-dvb-utils package off
> http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/ , extract it and compile it (very
> quick process), then go into the utils/scan section and run:
> ./scan dvb-t/uk-PontopPike (I think thats the aerial setting that gave
> the right frequency for Heathfield)
> Once I'd done that, I could then hop straight back into mythtv and
> trigger a scan and it'd find all the TV channels.

One of the things that I think is a big problem right now is
documentation about transmitters.

I live in east sussex and just about get reception (from East
Grinstead I think). I'm not sure what the nearest transmitter to me is
or whether one further away might provide me with better reception.

Better information about transmitters would be helpful.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs