[Sussex] Fwd: MythTV & getting it to work

Paul Graydon paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 06:49:29 UTC 2006

Nic James Ferrier wrote:
> Paul Graydon <paul at paulgraydon.co.uk> writes:
>

>> I've had great fun getting Mythtv to work, most hassles seeming to
>> relate to my Nova-T digital TV card.  A pair of A771's I used in my old
>> job worked fine in comparison.
>>
>> To get it to tune I had to grab the linuxtv-dvb-utils package off
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/ , extract it and compile it (very
>> quick process), then go into the utils/scan section and run:
>> ./scan dvb-t/uk-PontopPike (I think thats the aerial setting that gave
>> the right frequency for Heathfield)
>> Once I'd done that, I could then hop straight back into mythtv and
>> trigger a scan and it'd find all the TV channels.
>>

> One of the things that I think is a big problem right now is
> documentation about transmitters.
>
> I live in east sussex and just about get reception (from East
> Grinstead I think). I'm not sure what the nearest transmitter to me is
> or whether one further away might provide me with better reception.
>
> Better information about transmitters would be helpful.

This site is kinda handy:

http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TQ566220

At least it points you in the right direction for details, provides the
channel numbers transmitted and the like.  All you need to do is get the
digital TV card to tune to just one of the channels and then it will
pick up all the other channels off the transmitter's carrier.