[Sussex] S/MIME vs PGP

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Fri Jun 9 09:11:24 UTC 2006

Hi folks

I recently got a free S/MIME certificate from Thawte in order to try out
S/MIME digital signatures and am wondering what everyone's opinions are
of S/MIME vs PGP/GPG?  Certainly I have actually never received an
S/MIME encoded email from anyone, ever, but I do receive a lot of
PGP/GPG signed mail.  However S/MIME is purportedly more widely
supported by mail clients, particularly the mail clients sold by a
particular large vendor in America.

Anyone have any thoughts for or against S/MIME?

Cheers
--
Ronan
e: ronan at thelittledot.com
t: 01903 739 997

This email has been digitally signed using S/MIME