[Sussex] Install via NFS

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Tue Jun 20 23:50:28 UTC 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 07:53:17 +0100
Colin Tuckley <colin at tuckley.org> wrote:

> Gavin Stevens wrote:
>
> > We agreed to take them back as a gesture of goodwill to our
> > customer. The order long being completed, the machines had to be
> > disposed of or given to staff.
>
> Got any spare ones going?

All of the machines have been given to staff - however, there is hope,
because I know that quite a few recipients of these little machines
haven't even got them out of their boxes yet. I will ask around for you.
I am quietly confident that at least one person will be honest & say
that they are unlikely ever to use it. I'll let you know.

> > Any tips or tricks gratefully received.
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/
>
> See section 2.2.5 or 2.2.6

Thanks. So is "booting over the network" different from using NFS?

Gavin.