[Sussex] A little translation please

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Fri Jun 23 09:45:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, June 23, 2006 07:43, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> Steven Dobson wrote:
>
>> I need some help.  I'm writing a web system and to do this correctly I
>> need to translate a few words, phases and sentences.  I've used
>> http://world.altavista.com/tr to convert to Frence and German but I can
>> never be quite sure that it's done a good job as translating back the
>> other way doesn't always give me the English I expect.

The Lancome counter of Boots in Crawley employed French women to sell
their cosmetics, if they still do then you have a potential source of a
translation.

I don't know about German, though perhaps the German airlines desk at
Gatwick will be of some assistance.

KDE uses a set of files that it uses to display menus in a different
language. My guess is that they are numbered and you simply call that
number to display the phrase in that language.

--
John