[Sussex] A little translation please

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Jun 23 10:19:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 10:45 +0100, John Crowhurst wrote:
> On Fri, June 23, 2006 07:43, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> The Lancome counter of Boots in Crawley employed French women to sell
> their cosmetics, if they still do then you have a potential source of a
> translation.
>
> I don't know about German, though perhaps the German airlines desk at
> Gatwick will be of some assistance.

Well I live in Eastbourne, so it's a bit far to go just to get a few
words translated into French or German.

I was hoping that there were someone on this list that was fluent
enought just to pop off a quick e-mail replay with any corrections.

> KDE uses a set of files that it uses to display menus in a different
> language. My guess is that they are numbered and you simply call that
> number to display the phrase in that language.

My orginal post had the tags that Java uses to do the save job.  Using
number codes can be a problem if the numbers get confused.  Java uses a
better system - string identifier.  The identifier then can use made to
give a clue that the text that follows it make sense.