[Sussex] Things that make you roll with tears of laughter.

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 00:37:03 UTC 2006

My Dell Inspiron cost me £349 and I ordered it on-line. I got the RAM
upgrade from Crucial (bringing total to the 512meg max for this
machine). Then I installed Mandriva and it worked brilliantly, including
the software modem (SiS 900 I think) and that surprised and pleased me.
The problem was no system disks were included, but they sent these to me
for free (cost a lot more than including them in the first place).
I have just returned from Holiday in N.Z. and while there installed
Mandriva on several machines including another Dell, an Inspiron 600m.
This worked very well including the Wi-Fi (Intel IPW2100).
The Dell laptops are made by Foxcon in China.
On my Dell I squeezed the MS down to a small partition (10gig). The
Linux lives on the other 20gig and works very well.