[Sussex] Laptop update & question

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 15 00:13:12 UTC 2006

Hi all,

> My question: I need to replace the CMOS & Resume batteries, but I had
> to admit I was beat after undoing several screws, still without the
> case feeling like it was going to move easily. I decided against bold
> experimentation with the use of force & in favour of asking if anyone
> had any general tips on getting inside a laptop?

An update on this:

I took the laptop into work & let the two returns engineers take a look.
After a short time looking at it, one of them said that he used to
service that particular model & had just remembered how to get to the
batteries:

He slid his thumb nail along the strip between the space bar & the
"mouse" buttons & a thin piece of plastic popped out. He then lifted the
keyboard, located both batteries & changed them.

So very simple in the end - & I would never have got anywhere by trying
to split the case.

Gavin.

Save the Earth - it's the only planet with chocolate.