[Sussex] Fedora system which will not start

d binderman dcb314 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 20 09:26:00 UTC 2006

Hello there,

>The upgrade went through as expected but on booting, the new version, the
>graphic display will >not synchronise. Everything appears jumbled in the
>top part of the screen.

If the graphics are on the blink, suggest temporarily change the default run
level
from 5 to 3.

That way, instead of graphics by default, you get a nice and proper text
based command
line to play with.

Then you can tweek the graphics to get it to work.

Is the new upgrade recognising the graphics chip ok ?
Try running startx from the command line and watch what happens.

Some chips do need some help to get into default 800x600 SVGA mode.

Since you've tried different CRTs, I don't think the horizontal sync or
vertical sync
needs adjusting.

Regards

David Binderman