[Sussex] Wireless Cards.

Keith Mitchell a.k.mitchell at totalise.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 21:50:29 UTC 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:47:36 -0000, <ar at f2s.com> wrote:

> Quoting "Keith Mitchell" <a.k.mitchell at totalise.co.uk>
>> 		CPC (www.cpc.co.uk) has KCORP Lifestyle 802.11g wireless cards type
>> KLS
>> 660 and KLS611 for £15 including VAT.
>> 	KLS 660 is a low profile PCI card and KLS 611 is a cardbus notebook
>> card.They both use the Ralink RT2500 chipset and Ralink do a Linux
>> driver
>> available here:-
>> 				 www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm
>> 	and at:-
>>   The rt2x00 Open Source Project.  http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/
>>
>> 	I got the PCI one to play with, and it worked with PCLinuxOS straight
>> off.
>>
>> 	This price is a special offer to account holders until 14th April and I
>> need to get a minimum of three to make it worth while.
>>
>> 	If anyone is interested let me know.
>

> I've been meaning to look into wireless PCI cards Some Time Soon... I
> didn't
> find much about the KLS660, any idea how it differs from something like
> this?
>   http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9703372279
>
> Anthony

	Anthony,
			Just looking at the pictures, the KLS660 has better screening on the
circuit board, but the Linux compatibility should be the same if it has a
Ralink chip set. The separate antenna would be be better for some
situations, but cable losses can be quite high at these frequencies. Price
is slightly less than the CPC ones, but I have no postage to pay on large
enough orders.

					Keith.