[Sussex] Thunderbird Problem

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 23:15:35 UTC 2006

Having spent some hours on this task I solved it in the following way.
1/ backup the .thunderbird identity.
2/ delete .thunderbird
3/ start thunderbird and manually add the various accounts again.
4/ copy the data from the backup and put in the proper mailbox folders
on the new identity.
The files concerned are the ones without the .msf extension
5/ copy the address book (abook.mab) to the new identity
The system is now working fine but it did take some time to find out how
to to do this, so, if anybody has better idea I would like to hear.
Also I would like to know how it managed to hog the CPU.