[Sussex] FC5 - PHP not connecting to MySQL

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Thu May 4 19:43:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a clean installation of Fedora Core 5 where PHP cannot connect to the MySQL database.
phpinfo shows that PHP was built "--without-mysql" so I suppose that I have to rebuild PHP with :

./configure --with-mysql
make
make install

A few questions: do I need to add all the parameters or just the "--with-mysql"?
Are there any other "--with-" which I am likely to need?
Which directory do I need to be in when I issues the command -  I have hunted around for this, will the necessary code automatically be there after a "standard" installation?

Many thanks, Brendan