[Sussex] FC5 - PHP not connecting to MySQL

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Fri May 5 15:25:43 UTC 2006

Ronan,

Thanks for the detailed email.
Snippet....."Unless you particularly want to compile PHP from source I would
use the
yum version.  If you want to use a different version of PHP than the
one provided by Fedora, then compile from source."

I want the simplest method so I executed
yum install php-mysql
This went through fine.
However, I still cannot connect from PHP I get "undefined function
mysql_connect".
I tried adding "extension=mysql.so" to php.ini and rebooting but the problem
persists.

I feel that I must be very close to having a working link - any suggestions?

Brendan