[Sussex] Broadband at last

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Wed May 17 09:33:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 07:38:22AM +0100, Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> I do wonder what is a reasonable price to pay for broadband.

Same as everything really, somewhere in the middle, or higher if you
can really justify it.

> My package is with Tiscali and it provides up to 2mbs (I get 1.25 or so)
> and unlimited download. I have unlimited phone to 01 and 02 24/7 all for
> £19.99. Then I have to pay for the BT line.
> I have total reliability for two and a half years now.

If you're happy then it sounds like you have a good deal.

> Then TalkTalk offer, including line, a package for £20.99 so I do wonder
> what the right price should be.

But read the fine print.  An 18 month contract where the termination
clause is that you pay out the full 18 months, a whole bunch of
other unfavourable clauses, and the other week someone came to my
front door at 8pm and said "I'm from your broadband supplier and I'd
like to check you're getting the best deal" -- guess what that was
about?  Someone doorstep selling for TalkTalk.

There are not enough bits of data on the Internet to make me use
that company.

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB