[Sussex] Broadband at last

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Thu May 18 22:28:15 UTC 2006

Steve,

On Thu, 18 May 2006 03:56:40 +0100
Steven Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

> Gavin
>
> On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 23:04 +0100, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> >
> > Last night I downloaded the netinstall ISO for Debian Sarge
> > (downloaded 111 MB in about 6 minutes) & I just need a pointer on
> > the correct way to burn an ISO image onto a CD.
>
> There is *NO* *NEED* to do a "install from scratch" just to switch
> over to a network upgrade system.  The system doesn't even have to be
> running the lastest version of stable either - this will work for
> earlier versions of Debian so long as apt is installed).  You can
> switch over your existing install thus:

Sorry, I should have explained what this was for:

My 2 day-to-day PCs (& Tracy's machine) are already switched over to
update via the web.

This netinstall download is to get Sarge on an old PC that doesn't have
a DVD drive, only a CD.

Once I have burned the ISO image I will use the CD for this old machine
& then complete the installation over the network.

Gavin.