[Sussex] Marketing Taglines for BCF (was a Vista of Opportunity)

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Wed Nov 1 14:30:20 UTC 2006

> My feeling about this above is that you're kind-of on the right
> lines, but not 100%.

Good :-)

> The thing is - for most people doing the usual things, they don't
> necessarily recognise that a machine HAS crashed.

OK

> And if they already have a machine, then they've paid for it already
> so cheaper might not be a key driver...

True, and given how notoriously difficult it is to save money on a new PC
with Linux at the places where people currently buy PCs, I can see this as
an issue.

(The cost one is great for OpenOffice.org though.)

> Faster is, IMO, sort-of where I would go with my advertising/marketing
> approach...

> I think the key thing you could use is CLEANER. No more popups, porn
> stuff or viruses. The stuff that hangs and slows a PC, or gets John
> Middle-England in trouble coz of porn popups his wife sees, or webpage
> redirects his kids get sent to...

Right - do me a favour... write up a pithy quote to this affect, make up a
"job title", and send over your photo, and I'll pop them into the same
format as my quote.

Ideally, your quote would NOT mention the name linux, but be along the lines
of:

"I got fed up of paying out money each month for anti-virus updates, so I
went looking for something that had it included for free."

M.