[Sussex] Exim4....

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 14:49:08 UTC 2006

"Mark Harrison" <Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com> writes:

> How do I create a "dummy mailbox" into which I can automatically divert mail
> to certain "bogus addresses" that I know are only used by spammers.
>
> I have the lines:
>
> sales: junk
>
> mph: junk
>
> accounts: junk
>
> In my /etc/aliases, so I need to know how to create a "junk" box that will
> auto-delete everything rather than hang around taking up disk-space.

I'm sure there's an exim4 way of doing this with ACLs....

but a quick and dirty way would be to setup a real user called junk
and give it an exim .forward file:

  # Exim filter
  seen finish

or you could just have a cron to delete the user's mail regularly (in
case you wanted to inspect it from time to time).

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs