[Sussex] A Vista of opportunity

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Nov 1 16:45:12 UTC 2006

Neil

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 13:40 +0000, Neil Simmons wrote:
> I'd like to offer my services for future fairs if it might be useful -

Accepted.

> if this one is this weekend I can't do it, but as long as I know dates
> can arrange to attend future ones....

I am now waiting on Nik to get back to us when the next fair is.

> If you think it might help having a less-technical person volunteering
> on the stand, let me know.

Nik & I have said for ages that non-technical people are the best for
selling Linux to the general public.  Non-techies can always say "If I
changed so can you."

Well I suppose that us techies can say that to but it just doesn't sound
as convincing.

I would also encourage that you bring your system with you if you use it
to do something demostrably cool.  I use mine for coding mostly.  While
I think that is cool it isn't a good demo.

If Gavin was to come along with a keyboard hooked so he could play the
keyboard and the computer wrote out the music score that would be cool.
There is a system being demostrably useful and without having to spend
$$$$ on software.