[Sussex] Stand Slides

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Nov 3 13:58:52 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 06:17 -0700, linux at oneandoneis2.org wrote:
> > I've changed the "Linux system - have a play" into a challenge.  I
> > thought that was more in keeping with what Mark was saying.
>
> That should be "what the difference is" on that slide, surely?

Done & the PDF is updated - thanks for spotting that.

> > I also added the "Sick of Pup-up? ...".  A lot of people I've talked to
> > at the Worthing are, so this is an invite to come and chat.
> >
> Just a thought, but when I was doing a blog post on adblocking, I
> figured "a picture is worth a thousand words" and showed an example of
> a page as seen by IE:
<snip>
> Any way of fitting something like that into a slide?

I don't see anyway of adding those pictures with out them either taking
up too much room or being to small to see from a distance.  Either way I
think that reduces the effectiveness of the page.  I would also think
that anyone who had expericed pop-ups/unders don't need to be shown
it.

> > We also need someone to print them out and laminate them for this
> > Sunday.  Can anyone do that?
>
> I can laminate, but I'm not around this weekend to hand them over. . .

Well lets hope someone comes forward for this weekend.  If not then
maybe you could do them and hand them over at the next mooot.