[Sussex] Home Automation and Ethernet over powerline

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Fri Nov 10 18:15:16 UTC 2006

John Crowhurst wrote:

> They also need their own power point (not on a power strip) as surge
> protectors and transformers will kill the signal.

Surge protectors maybe, a transformer shouldn't, but then again I don't
expect he will have one.

> Straight into the ring main, without using a power strip.

A power strip is just extension wiring, it shouldn't make any difference.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
with ketchup.