[Sussex] Doing more for the young

john john_gregory at onetel.com
Mon Nov 20 14:17:05 UTC 2006

> The one area where I think we do need to do more is with the young.

This is not just a Sussex problem.  I believe that there one or two
schools using Linux but the vast majority are Windows based.  How about
a national LUG campaign to educate LEA IT managers on the benefits of
alternative OS's and free software?  Other European countries are
moving away from  Windows.

One of my granddaughters is very happy using Linux on my machine but has
to stick with Windows XP for her Ipod.  Any suggestions on how to
download to this from Linux would be gratefully received.

John Gregory