[Sussex] hosting

Gareth Ablett sussexlug at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 20 20:30:21 UTC 2006

All,

I'm sure a lot of you have had experiance with hosting as have i but getting
that cost/support/service at the right balance is hard, at work we recently
got a server with rackspace for one of our clients i would say there service
is very good but for the rest of our clients a little too pricy, i am going
to ask them tommorow if they do a cheaper option but it doesnt look
promising.

for the other clients we use a range of hosts mainly supanames which i do
believe they have a teck support team either computer generated answers or
just complete dumies that cant read the question even if you tell it to them
in 10 differant ways. anyway I stop slaging them. we have also used namesco
and uk2 which are both a bit crap aswell.

we need a host for either a dedicated server with somthing like plesk on or
mayby a VPS with a cost preferably less then £1k per year, but the most
important thing is to have a support team that know what they are doing so
if you have had any experiance of this then i would love to know.

regards
Gareth