[Sussex] East Grinstead Linux User Group

Fay Zee fay.linux at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 27 23:25:16 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I finally have news ...

East Grinstead Linux User Group is listed on
http://www.lug.org.uk/lugs/se.php and currently has two members,
besides myself. (Al and Mike). Put EGLUG into Google and I'm top of
the list. Ha!

My Linux lab is progressing as planned: the furniture and PCs are
scheduled to arrive on Thursday, then comes the fun part :-]

I'm aiming to install Kubunto - are you watching, Nik :-)

Mainly because I like the Debian family, want something user friendly,
easy to manage and having latest versions of certain apps, such as
Firefox.

This isn't to dismiss all the other distros, just that I liked what I
saw at UKUUG in Brighton this summer, and what I heard at GLLUG last
month. So Kubunto it is.

Still grappling with dual head. Have found out (the hard way) that the
Matrox G200's second head isn't supported in XFree86, so a G450 is
arriving in a day or two. I've had fun succeeding in the configuration
for the first head, anyway.  I will also try out two single cards and
see what works best. I have plenty of PCs to experiment with now. Oh,
if anyone has any spare Linux-friendly graphics cards, of any
description, going for a reasonable sum, please could you bring them
along on Thursday?

See you there.

Fay