[Sussex] Backup Solutions Advice

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Wed Nov 29 18:01:20 UTC 2006

> Sorry - you're moving from storing your data in three separate fireproof
>  safes, to storing it all in one room?

> I'll not even start to go into how stupid that idea is ;)

Jon,

Firstly:

You seem to be assuming that there is enough space in the separate existing
firesafes to store redundant backups. I'm not sure where you discovered
this, unless you have insider knowledge that Matthew hasn't shared with the
rest of us.

It MAY be that they currently have three safes because that's the number
needed to physically accomodate the most recent backup set of their HAN.

I agree that IF they are moving from multiple redundant copies to a single
copy, then that would appear to be a step backwards, but unless you know
something about the situation that the rest of us don't, you're making one
mother of an assumption.

Secondly:

Matthew is looking for a BLASTPROOF solution, and you are telling him that
it's stupid because the existing FIREPROOF solution is better?

I'm assuming that Matthew with actually understands his business'
requirements! He's asked a sophisticated question to which you haven't
provided any kind of answer, but instead decided to flame him.

I've already answered the original question off-list with a bit more detail,
but given I'm now on, I'll add a simple answer to the original question for
the archives - "IBM" :-)

Mark