[Sussex] A beginner's guide to GNU/Linux

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 19:20:04 UTC 2006

Paul Tansom <paul at aptanet.com> writes:

> One of these days I really ought to try Emacs. So far my experience is
> basically starting it, then opening a new terminal and using ps to
> identify the process id to kill ;) I have been told the quite commands
> in the past, but never remember them.

The GTK version is the least eccentric emacs so far.

All the people who I know who have learned emacs (including me but I
don't know about Geoff) have learned it because they saw that it is an
important tool. Not that it was a cool editor... but a unique and
powerfull tool.

What I'm getting at is that you have to _want_ to deal with the
eccentricity. It's a bit like knowing, wanting to know, rms; or Billy
Childish; or Jeffery Bernard.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs