[Sussex] firewalling/AV and kubuntu

John D. johnsemail at f2s.com
Sat Oct 14 16:18:31 UTC 2006

On Saturday 14 October 2006 14:57, David Morris wrote:
-----%<-----

> Firestarter (http://www.fs-security.com/) is simple and easy to use.  I
> also believe there are deb files for it, so it should be straight
> forward to install.

-----%<-----
Ok, thanks for the suggestion David, I'll look it up.

I also emailed Dave Chapman off list, as he also uses ntl and the same (I
think) router/modem or whatever the little ethernet connection box that they
supply.

His suggestion is IPcop. I'm gonna have to look that up as well, as I've no
knowledge of that either.

I spotted a few comments in the forums at LQ that said that guarddog is
supposed to be quite favourable - though again, I don't know (I have a nice
little hardware firewall that does the trick).

I'm just presuming that it would have to be an "easy" app, as my aunt has,
until now, been a point and click windows person.

regards

John D.