[Sussex] Re: Firewalling/AV & elderly aunt

john john_gregory at onetel.com
Wed Oct 18 09:11:27 UTC 2006

> Therein, lies the problem. My aunt is addicted to some of the "home" type
> adobe products (she paid real cash money - so wants to make sure that they
> get some use).

1 Will the Adobe products she bought work with wine?

2 Conversation with my granddaughter after spending all day using my
laptop running Simply Mepis.  All I told her was that my system is
different from hers at home. She would have to login and her password is
*****.
        Sophie:    Why are there penguins on your computer?
        Me:          You are not using windows, its Linux on my computer.
        Sophie:    Its really cool and easier to use than windows.

If the province of Extremadura in Western Spain can use its own
tailormade Linux distro for all schools and govt depts why the hell cant
we?