[Sussex] What path does one take

angelo.servini at claybrook.co.uk angelo.servini at claybrook.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 10:01:19 UTC 2006

Hi Folks

Ubuntu user - have been now for a couple of years and fairly happy with
it.  I do find the lack of a good wysiwig/drag and drop form and page
IDE for PHP/HTML annoying (unless someone out there knows of one).  I
use NVU at the moment but it is not far removed from a context sensitive
text editor.   Otherwise Linux is great and getting better all the time.
I used to have CLAM AV but found that it slowed my tired 1.2 Ghz box too
much.   As for firewalls, my Netgear router seems to do fine.   The
beauty of modern/recent Linuxes is that as WIMP interfaces such as Gnome
and KDE to mention but a few are evolving, you can do most things using
a mouse and keyboard, but yet a handy terminal window is a mouse click
away.

Sorry I miss the LUGS but a bit busy right now, as fully involved with a
startup biz.  I may make one in the new year.

All the best Angelo.