[Sussex] Are Zip drives still available?

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Fri Oct 20 07:56:21 UTC 2006

Fay Zee wrote:

> So I guess backup is a choice between rewritable DVDs or an external
> hard drive.

I've been looking at backup systems recently for my home systems.

I'm currently trying dirvish [1] using an external usb drive, it can backup
other systems on the LAN (it uses rsync internally).

Other choices would be backuppc [2], backula (can't find a web site for it),
or any of several other programs out there.

[1] http://www.dirvish.org/
[2] http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

A hug is a perfect gift: one size fits all & nobody minds if you exchange it
- Ivern Ball