[Sussex] Sourcing list of hardware

Dave Phelan dave.phelan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:56:24 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06, Colin Tuckley <colin at tuckley.org> wrote:
> Fay Zee wrote:
> > I am after the following hardware for a small office - any
> > recommendations please?
> >
> > ADSL router
>
> Almost any of the ones you see around, Dlink, netgear etc will do. You
> should expect to pay 25 quid for a non-wireless one and maybe 35 for a
> Wireless one.

That's probably fine for home/small office use, but I'd suggest
spending more on a quality vendor product for a 17 user office. The
Cisco 8xx series or 17xx series will easily do the job. The price will
be an order of magnitude higher, but get it configured correctly, and
it'll just sit there and work for months and months and months.

Dave Ph
--
 Dave Phelan CCIE#3590   ICQ: 50180416    GSM: +44 (0)7776 168561
 dave.phelan at gmail.com                  http://www.davephelan.org