[Sussex] [No Attachment/Apology] Red Hat is Hiring! (L1 Support Engineer, Technical Account Managers, and Pre-Sales Engineers)

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Fri Oct 27 12:59:04 UTC 2006

OK, I apologise! Just as I hit the "Send" button, I noticed the flyer
was 3.4MB!

If you want to pass people a link to the flyer, you can find it at:

  http://people.redhat.com/jfautley/l1-flyer.pdf

+1 to Surrey LUG though, they've got an attachment size limit :)

Let the flaming commence... :|

/j

Jon Fautley wrote:
> Firstly, apologies for the wide distribution :)
>
> Red Hat UK is currently looking to recruit a number of talented
> individuals to join our expanding support team, based in Surrey, UK.
>
> The official job description is included below, and I've attached a nice
> flashy flyer should you wish to pass this on to other people.
>
> We have a corporate recruitment agency we use for job postings, so
> please no agency applications.
>
> Should you feel you've got "the right stuff" for this position, then
> please send your CV along with a covering letter via email to
> jfautley at redhat.com :)
>
> We're also recruiting for a Pre-Sales engineer working with our inside
> sales department covering EMEA, as well as Technical Account Managers
> (again for the EMEA region)- if either of these sound interesting,
> please contact me for further information. Both positions are based at
> our UK HQ in Guildford, Surrey.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jon
>

> Red Hat ? Level I Support Engineer / UK
> =======================================
>
> A Training program will prepare you for answering telephone hot-line and
> web based inquiries from customers regarding company software.
>
> Your daily activities will involve verifying customer support
> entitlements, and providing 1st level Technical Support to Enterprise
> Customers in the EMEA Region.
>
> You will consult the Red Hat Knowledge Base to respond to common
> problems, and follow standard practices and procedures to gather data
> and analyze situations for which answers can be readily obtained (Red
> Hat Customer Troubleshooting Guide).
>
> Your role will require a high level of communication with the other EMEA
> Support teams within Red Hat, especially when escalating complex issues
> to the Red Hat Level 2 Technical Support team.
>
> You will be required to maintain a log of problems so that recurring
> issues can be reported and documented.
>
> Ultimately, you will be responsible for maintaining a high level of
> customer satisfaction.
>
> Requirements
> ------------
>
>  * Technical or scientific degree preferred
>
>  * Entry level experience of Linux, ideally obtained within a commercial
>    environment
>
>  * Basic knowledge of network services (for example Apache, Bind, Samba,
>    NFS, SSH)
>
>  * Basic exposure to database technology (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle,
>    etc.)
>
>  * Strong interest in Open Source Technologies (Some participation in
>    Open Source Projects would be desirable)
>
>  * Other Linux distributions/UNIX-type operating systems
>
>  * Keen to learn new skills, good communicator, team player ? self
>    motivated
>
>  * Keen to use foreign language skills in a commercial environment.
>
>  * Fluency in English required (Oral and Written), fluency in another
>    Western European Language (Italian, Spanish, French, German) would be
> [...]

- --
Jon Fautley RHCE, RHCX <jfautley at redhat.com>   direct: +44 1483 739615
 Technical Account Manager                     office: +44 1483 300169
 Red Hat UK                                    mobile: +44 7841 558683
 10 Alan Turing Road, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YF